Congrats- we’ve made it though the first month of 2022 and there’s no stopping us now!
Warm up with this mind + body elevating peppermint adaptogen mate latte that is sure to power you through the final days of winter to spring. Keep reading to find out how to make your own, and feel free to customize this recipe to your own preferences and desires!
Makes two 8oz drinks
Adjust ingredients based on taste + dietary preference
- 2 cups Brewed Loose Leaf Guayakí Yerba Mate ~ visit our online store to stock up! Toss in some fresh or dried peppermint when steeping.
- 1/2 cup milk or milk alternative of choice
- 2 servings of adaptogen of choice- I used Lion’s Mane for a brain boost
- Sweetener of choice to taste (I suggest maple syrup or honey, or stevia for a low-glycemic option)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract
- Sprinkle of cinnamon to garnish on top
- Add your loose leaf yerba mate/mate bags with some fresh or dried peppermint to a french press or desired brewing vessel and steep for 4 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, pour in your steeped yerba mate and turn the heat to low.
- Add in your sweetener, vanilla and peppermint extracts, adaptogen of choice, milk or milk alternative, and stir thoroughly. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
- Pour up your mate latte in a mug of choice, garnish with frothy milk, cinnamon, and a sprig of fresh peppermint.
Sip + COME TO LIFE - enjoy!